We have previously dealt with how best to tackle a job interview when applying externally; by contrast internal job interviews bring with them a range of new considerations. Existing employees can have an advantage over those candidates applying externally because they possess knowledge of the business and a proven track record. In short, they are less of a risk because they are a known quantity for the employer. Although there are certainly benefits to already having a foot in the door so to speak, you must still follow the same basic steps for tackling the interview, but with a few important tweaks. Preparation: Prepare in exactly the same way you would if you were applying to work in a completely … Continue reading
- Submit CV
- How to Succeed at an Internal Job Interview
- Should you continue your job search coming up to the festive season?
- Anne Heraty talks rising employment levels in latest CSO Report
- Free information evening for software professionals on 9th December with Cpl’s award winning IT recruitment consultants
- Finding a Job through Volunteering