Opportunities are there, but it’s an Employers market - Writes Richard Minchin
For the last financial quarter, we have experienced continued healthy performance in our division within Cpl Group. Considering the current economic climate and the challenges some sectors are facing, our team have witnessed a 360 degree turn around in the sectors they operate in. However there are a number of new trends that we now have adapted to.
We are operating in a very different environment than we were at the peak in 2007 and we are seeing a strong demand in Professional Services, Corporate Finance and Technology sectors in particular. According to the Central Statistics Office unemployment figures stand at 14.8%, although this is considerably high we still have a strong demand within the Temporary and Contract area.
IDA Ireland announcements – Office Support sector jobs in Ireland this quarter:
- Electronic Arts have created 300 jobs in Galway
- Northern Trust 400 jobs in Limerick
- Xtralis created 50 jobs in Dublin
- Bioware 200 jobs for the Gaming sector in Galway
- Salesforce created 100 jobs in Dublin
- SumUp created 40 jobs in Dublin
- National Pen has created 100 jobs in Dundalk
- Microsoft 100 jobs in Dublin
Advice to candidates, open positions and placements we are making:
- We are observing more companies favouring the temp option for a longer period when looking to make that initial hire. The expectation from our clients who get to the stage where they have to use our services is that they expect high calibre, ‘cream of the crop candidates’ with excellent Administration and high level IT skills.
- Our permanent division has taken a significant leap where we are now seeing a greater number of Senior level Executive Assistant, PA and Office Manager roles coming on board.
- Within the last month the team have placed 5 Executive Assistant candidates to CEO for some of Ireland’s biggest brand name organisations. The highest demand for permanent hires is very much the mid-level administration candidates at the 28k-35k salary bracket.
It’s Not all Doom and Gloom – Good News for Candidates
The Feedback from our Recruiters within Cpl Office Support is that candidates in the market have more opportunity and are interviewing with a lot more companies, so there has been a slight shift to favour the candidate than in the previous two years. Salaries have remained fairly consistent within the office administration sector with no major hikes or dips on the scale. For anyone looking for a new job opportunity now it is not a bad time and the doom and gloom days of 2009 are a thing of the past.
Click here for a full list of the current Office Support roles available.
Richard Minchin is Manager of Cpl Office Support, the Office and Secretarial division of Cpl Group (Cpl Resources Plc). Richard holds a BA in HR & Industrial Relations and has over 10 years Recruitment management experience. Richard.Minchin@cpl.ie | 01 614 6165