||Third Level Degree
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Incoming raw material, in process and finsihed product testing to be performed to procedure and in accordance with shipment and production deadlines in an efficient manner.
- Uses various laboratory equipment / instrumentation such as GC, TOC HPLC, FT-IR. Accurate preparation of standards for daily/weekly checks and calibrations.
- Set-up of all equipment / software in the lab in accordance with GLP and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintenance of all equipment in the lab.
- Accurate preparation of all solutions required to support testing of product.
- Assists in the training of employees in the use of specified Q.C. equipment and procedures in the Chemistry Lab.
- Performing lab validation/ non-routine testing.
- Provides technical back –up and support to production as required, including project work, e.g. non-routine lab testing, to support process validations, quality improvement efforts and customer complaints.
- Maintenance of chemistry lab inventory levels.
- Archiving of lab data/logbooks/folders/membrane and Control, issuing and maintaining of laboratory logbooks.
- Maintenance of lab to GMP guidelines.
- Performs other related quality duties.
- Updates, reviews and drafts quality documentation such as test methods and standard operating procedures.
- Has responsibility and authority for the implementation of those parts of the Merck Millipore Quality system relating to the laboratory QA function.
- Adherence to company safety/environmental requirements
Education: General B.Sc. / Diploma in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent.
General Skills: Thorough, practical and persistent self-starter.
Good communication skills
Good computer literacy
Good Problem Solving Skills