Our client is an award winning innovative multinational manufacturing company based in Lisburn, who are working on the next generation of power distribution, using the latest technologies.
The Java / Web application developer will be responsible for the implementation and support of new and existing web applications for internal or external customers. This will involve working in a team to develop software and unit tests following an agile methodology.
• Developing high quality software as well as unit and component tests within a continuous integration environment
• Developing scripts to automate and streamline development activities
• Co-ordinating with the Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders to meet business objectives
• Minimum 2:1 degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
• Competent in object oriented design using Java
• Experience with JUnit and associated libraries (mocking frameworks, etc.)
• Experience with Spring MVC, Struts 2 and Hibernate Frameworks
• Good knowledge of relational databases e.g. MySQL, SQLite
• Working knowledge of web servers, web application servers and deployment on Linux-based platforms.
• Experience with one or more scripting language e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby
• Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
To discuss this Mobile/Java/Web Engineer role in confidence please call James Goodman on 02890 725634