Our client is an award winning innovative multinational manufacturing company based in Lisburn, who are working on the next generation of power distribution, using the latest technologies.
They currently require a highly motivated and talented software developer to enhance their dynamic software engineering team. The successful candidate will develop Linux application software for a communications gateway that exchanges information between various devices, with advanced monitoring and automation capabilities, and a backend server.
This role would be perfect for an ambitious developer who relishes solving challenging problems and creating innovative, efficient and robust solutions that make a difference for their customers.
• Understand domain and product requirements in order to design, develop and test high quality C/C++ applications on embedded platform running Linux OS.
• Provide associated unit and functional tests within a continuous integration environment.
• Participate in agile process collaborating with Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders.
• Produce clear and concise design documentation.
• Participate in manual end to end system integration testing.
• Provide Support and maintenance for existing software.
• A degree in software engineering or equivalent.
• At least 3 years’ experience in Linux application development in C/C++ .
• Practical knowledge of commonly used C++ design patterns and libraries.
• Experience with one or more scripting languages e.g. python, bash.
• Knowledge of source code revision control e.g. GIT .
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
To discuss this Linux Application Developer role in confidence please call James Goodman on 02890 725634