The Senior Service Manager role is a senior operations role that will lead the Integrated Client Service team across Custody and Funds. The individual will be responsible for CFS end to end service delivery and will act as the local senior escalation point as it relates to Securities Services operations.
The individual will have a proven record of client service excellence and operational focus and will provide an integrated, value-added platinum service to one of our key strategic clients.
This new role will also have responsibility for driving joint efficiency initiatives base to ensure optimal operating models.
The success of the individual and the role will ultimately be measured against our client satisfaction scores and the improvements in Client / Bank efficiency in line with agreed targets.
Transaction Services is a leading provider of cash management, trade, securities and fund services to financial institutions, corporate and public sector clients around the world. As our standard offering becomes more global and multi-functional, and in an effort to provide a fully integrated service and enhance our clients experience, there is a requirement to provide our clients with a single point of contact to represent them across all Fund operations.
The appointee will have a strong and detailed understanding of Fund Services and Custody Operations and act as the Client Advocate across Global Fund Services Custody. They will work with internal parties and participate in Client Service Reviews, Due-diligence visits as well as oversee significant client initiatives.
The successful candidate will drive client excellence through a proactive mindset and elevate the Service Function to that of a proactive service orientated function, with global consistency which utilises best in class metrics to drive client satisfaction and excellence.
• Develop and lead the Client Service Strategy for a key strategic client across Custody and Funds Ops, which drives enhanced service delivery and influences efficient client behavior as measured via service and efficiency metrics. • Set the standards and instill a culture of exceptional client service across the Service Mgr teams and wider CFS Operations BAU teams supporting the client • Establish appropriate local governance and feedback processes to ensure full transparency around client needs and issues • Create collaborative relationships with the client(s) and act as trusted advisor on operational matters and proactively manage clients through the provision of excellent customer service and understanding their strategic goals and needs • Be a client advocate within Operations and the accountable owner of complex cross function service issues • Lead client service reviews and Due Diligence Visits, attend Board Meetings with respect to operational performance • Be accountable for improving and maintaining high client satisfaction scores (VOE, Temp Check, Ad Hoc) • Work with the Fund Service Manager and Custody Service Managers to proactively identify and manage client and operational risk through participation in client specific operational risk reviews
Operational Efficiency and Process Focus:
• Utilise Client and Process knowledge to champion innovation and challenge manual / bespoke / inefficient processes to drive the SSO strategy of scalability with a view to ultimately reducing operational risk and increasing the efficiency of the Clients Operations processes • Agree stretching targets for the local teams in performance against the operational efficiency goals • Implementation of appropriate metrics that monitor performance against target and holds team accountable for achieving them • Monitor key client deliverables and initiatives and achievement of SLAs, proactively identify issues and challenges and manage these with the internal stakeholders • Assist with the oversight of significant client initiatives from an operational perspective and co-ordinate client changes for non-contractual change clients • Implement required policies and controls within the department • Preparation and periodic review of core Client Documentation e.g. SLAs, Ops Memos • Keep abreast of Regulatory and Industry changes and how these may impact our clients • Work closely with internal partners (Product, Client Executive, Sales) to provide a ‘one-team’ service to our clients • Review and approval monthly invoicing for Funds Operations
• Drive a client centric culture across the client virtual team through the meeting of agreed client needs, transparency and delivery of the service offering to the agreed service level agreements • Create environment where people hold themselves and others to the highest ethical standards
The appointee to this role will have the opportunity to deliver ‘best in class’ service that gives us a competitive advantage in the industry. The individual will be client focused, working with the operations teams and clients to ensure their end-to-end Fund Services needs are understood and being met.
- Extensive years working experience in financial services with Custody Operations. - Prior client management experience essential - Proven track record and knowledge of Custody and Funds Services processes across Custody, Fund Accounting, Middle Office and Transfer Agency
- Excellent customer interaction skills - Excellent communications skills; written, verbal and presentations - Pragmatism combined with a can-do attitude is a pre-requisite - Highly organized, efficient and methodical - Enthusiastic, driven and results focused - Strong interpersonal skills are a must
- 3rd Level Degree, preferably in a business discipline
- Managing high performing teams delivering exceptional results - Strong customer focus with an ability to evaluate needs and develop solutions - Must be strong self motivator with ability to work off own initiative - Detail oriented - Proven ability to assist with the introduction of complex change in a challenging environment - Strong awareness and management of key operational risks